This summer was a much busier summer than I anticipated, but with the school year back in full swing, I figured it was time to get back to the blog. Among the many busy events this summer:
- Diligent work on the dissertation, such that I’m now about a month away from having a decent draft of the entire thing.
- Learning how to work with CMS on the Baylor ATL homepage and blog hosting site.
- Celebrated my wife’s completion of her master’s degree (and drove her to and from her internship in our one car)
- Celebrated her great, new job (that she starts next Monday… she says I brag too much on her about it, so I’ll leave it at that on here… but really, it is a great job)
- Made a two week trip to Indiana and Michigan to see family and friends (and to buy a second car)
- Designed a syllabus for the class I am teaching this semester, Critical Thinking: Logic and the Law (and started a couple other syllabi, as my teaching load was switched a couple times this summer as the department had some unexpected needs)
- Read a few books for fun on my Kindle, including, but not limited to The Hunger Games trilogy, Blink by Malcolm Gladwell, and Eating the Dinosaur by Chuck Klosterman
Now that the semester is back in full force, I plan on getting back to the blog. I have accumulated some links I want to comment on, there will be interesting discussions in my class worth blogging on, as well as some final things to work through on my dissertation. All of these will show up at one point or another on here.
For now, welcome back, and I’ll hope to have some more worthwhile things to say soon.